First and foremost is the trust you can have in the NFBC. You can trust us to pay in full. You can trust us to pay on time. You can trust us to run first-class live events and first class contests with fair rules for everyone. When you send in your hard-earned money to play in the NFBC, you can rest assured that when you win you'll receive your prize payment in full and in record time. Over the last 12 years, the NFBC and NFFC have paid more than $31 million in prizes and we look forward to adding to that total in 2016. There has NEVER been an issue with payments in the NFBC and with STATS LLC as our ownership group we'll make sure there never will be.
Secondly, you can rest assured that you'll enjoy playing in the NFBC. There's nothing quite like a live fantasy baseball draft, with all of the owners right there in the same room, looking across the table at each other, eyeing the same draft board with similar draft strategies in mind. And it's even better when a $6,500 league prize is at stake and a $125,000 grand prize is sure to be won by one of the fortunate participants.
Here is what makes live drafts so great in the National Fantasy Baseball Championship and a breakdown of how the events are organized:
- You are as Powerful as An MLB Owner: You pick the players, you set the starting lineups, you cut the players and you sign the hot new free agents. You are responsible for this team winning or losing this year and nobody else.
- Make New Friends: You are guaranteed to meet new die-hard MLB fans just like yourself from all across the country. Inevitably, some of these competitors will become your friends for life because of shared interests involving baseball.
- Have Fun at The Ultimate Draft Party: Imagine sitting in a large room with multiple drafts going on at once. Everyone there will be talking about baseball, smack talking and drinking beer or soda. It is an awesome sight to see a dozen or more draft boards in the same room and hearing "Mike Trout" echoed 12 times at once when the first pick is made in that room. It's 4+ hours of baseball fun you'll never find anywhere else.
- Prove Your Greatness against The Ultimate Competition: You'll get to personally know all of the guys in your league that you'll be banging heads with for the $6,500 league prize and possibly the $125,000 grand prize. Last year, Glenn Schroter of Whiteside, New York won the NFBC Main Event and the $125,000 grand prize. Glenn is an NFBC Charter Member who has been with the NFBC since our first season of 2004 and he also won the Diamond Auction League for a winning total of $206,500. A lot of our players compete in multiple formats and do well in multiple formats. You can compete and excel in the same way.
- Get Your Sleeper: The thrill of making that pick before the one-minute time limit runs out, with all of your league mates anxiously waiting to see who you are going to draft is a thrill in itself. Then drafting the sleeper that everyone wants is an even bigger thrill. You got him now. You OWN him.
- Sharing The Experience With Friends or Family: Drafting together is a great way to get close and stay close all season whether with a best friend, a son, a daughter or even your spouse. Besides, it is a one-of-a-kind party atmosphere for baseball fans.
- Get Early Bragging Rights: Seeing all of the draft boards once the day is done is a reward in itself. Watching people peruse your draft and throw compliments (or trash) about your 10th round pick is enjoyable and another good feeling. Our members stick around after the drafts and analyze the other leagues' draft boards, while getting to know members outside their immediate league. Meet more people, talk more baseball, have more fun.
- Play for $125,000 Cash, GUARANTEED: Now imagine winning the $125,000 grand prize at season's end. Let's admit it, this should be No. 1. Best of all, you're playing with a proven product as the NFBC has already paid over $15 million in prizes during its first 12 seasons with another $16 million being paid out in football. You'll receive guaranteed payout on time from the best customer service-oriented contest in the industry!
Live Drafts In New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and Online:
Here's how the live drafts will work:
- Leagues will be randomly chosen in each city and 15-team (or 12-team) leagues will be formed once signups are closed. KDS will be run after the leagues are randomly chosen and the draft order will be announced for each league several days in advance of the draft.
- Teams will be seated in order of the serpentine draft in a U-shaped format with teams 1 through 5 down the left side (or 1-4 in 12-team leagues), teams 5 through 10 at the bottom of the U (or teams 5-8 in 12-team leagues) and teams 11 through 15 up the right hand side (9-12).
- The NFBC is going with electronic draft boards this year with rosters being entered on site as they happen. A draft board will be projected to a 10-foot screen at the front of the room and every player will be color-coded by position for everyone to see. Worksheets will also be available for each team owner to keep track of their league and team selections. Heck, folks who bring iPads or other tablets to the draft can even see the draft board live on their online team page.
- Two draft facilitators will work each league: One keeping track of the one minute time limit for each selection who also announces the selections and one facilitator to enter the draft pick into the computer system which immediately projects the color-coded name to the 10-foot projector screen.
- Each team has a 1-minute time limit to make each selection.
- The draft continues for 30 rounds, with a 15-minute break after Round 10 and Round 20.
- All owners must fill up the 23 required starting spots with their 30 draft picks, but can pick as many backups at any position that they'd like. Owners do not have to fill up their 23 starting spots with their first 23 picks. Position eligibility lists are available to all NFBC owners on the web site.
It’s all good fun and great competition. If you want to compete against the best, then join the NFBC and prove your mettle. Good luck everyone.